Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm Here. (cont. so if you havent read the first bit dont read this bit yet)

Ok...so where was I. OH I got my room. First of its on the ground floor. Pros: not so many stairs to climb/lug a suitcase up, Cons: it kinda looks like a basement room. Its a little smaller than my room at allen...which means that it is kinda spacious. Its about the same color as allen...yellowish with two sets of shelves one above my desk, the other above a blank space on the wall. My bed is next to the door and my wardrobe is across from that with my sink right next to my door on the other side of the room. My radiator is broken...someone was out today to look at it and so I now have a lovely little electric heater to keep my room warmer. There are only two plugs...so I will have two strips (a uk strip and a us strip) but all in all the room is growing on me. Except for the ugly black pealing tack board located right next to my bed. Lets just say I have some decorating to do. When I first got to my room I dropped everything and just relaxed. Then I noticed that I was missing something...BEDDING! They had not placed a bedding bundle in my room (something I had requested). So I had to go in search of that. I also had thought that there would be a phone in my room, but there wasnt and the only thing I wanted to do more then sleep was call my parents. So I bundled back up and headed out the door. As I was doing this I met two flatmates (Sarah and Tom) and we introduced ourselves.
To get a bedding bundle I went to the Porters desk (front desk for my college (dorm)) and no one was there so I headed towards the information center. Of course by now it was dark, and I had forgotten my map back at my room...so I just wandered campus trying figure out where everything was. Finally I found the information office and was helped by a few people so that I did get my bedding bundle and was even told who to go to because I couldn't get the internet working (it is now). By then I also had been told where a pay-phone was and was able to talk to my parents for a while. It was really nice to talk to them after my crazy day. After that I went and watched some Castle back in my room and went to sleep (freezing).

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh, Ellen. That was quite a story. I hope all international flights are not that bad, but I'm sure the weather didn't help. I hope that the rest of your stay goes more smoothly. You have a single? That's nice. Hopefully you'll meet many wonderful people.

    Let's just say that we have about a foot of snow in Chambana, so hopefully you have less in York. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete