Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I leave on Thursday.

I cannot believe that in two days I will be leaving the US. I am currently sitting on my bed which is covered in everything that I will be packing (if it all fits that is). This IS happening. And I am freaking out. I have never traveled alone, so the fact that I am flying out thursday afternoon to catch a plane in Toronto that will then take me to Heathrow Airport outside of London, is a little intimidating. Thank god for the three hours I have between plane one and plane two. Of course I then get to take the Underground (tube/subway) from Heathrow to Kings Cross Station (Platform 9 3/4 anyone???) and then a train to York from there. That is how I am getting to my new Home University. Knowing me though I will fall asleep either in Toronto, or on the train and miss either my flight or my stop, but still I am a little jazzed that this is all happening.

For those of you who are new to this blog. Hello. I will be gone from January 7 to July 6. My schedule is ten weeks of classes, five weeks off, then ten more weeks of class.

Other news items is that if you want a postcard (or in some cases movies) sent to you you HAVE to get me your address (school, home, work) so that I can send them off. I will be sending postcards...I promise. If there is anything you think I need to do, see, eat, drink, please let me know. I think I will make a facebook page/note. Or something that people can comment on with ideas. I have some already, but I know there are more out there. This of course doesnt just deal with England, but the whole of Europe as well. Because those five weeks of break I am hopefully going to be on the mainland...we will see though.

Within that note or facebook page I will also place my new address so that people can send me stuff as well. Also my skype name and any email address that people might want. Please feel free to email me anything.

Random blonde moment I had. I got a really neat power plug adaptor and it has plugs for not only the UK, but Europe, Australia, and I think even africa. I amused myself for like ten minutes trying to figure out how they work and how to change the US one to the Australia plug (all you have to do is like turn these two things and all of a sudden its an Ausie plug!!!) Yea it was funny...maybe not so funny here in writing.

OH dont try to text me using my phone number now...i wont have it with me so i wont get the texts. I actually wont have a phone at all that will reach across the Atlantic. Hence SKYPE! lol.

So thats it for now I need to get back to packing...because I still need to go shopping for some essentials, like jeans, and new shoes.

TTFN!

Next time I will be posting I will most likely be sitting in either the Toronto Airport...or LONDON!

1 comment:

  1. Bon Voyage! Have a good time! And bring me back something cool I don't really care what (except for the cute boy with a good access).

    What are you going to do without your phone? I mean it is seriously attached to you. ;P

    ReplyDelete